CBC 7:19 PM Today – The one-man Halifax Regional School Board is being urged to wait on recommendations for reconfiguring schools until the province makes it clear how much money is available.
Board staff released their response to the Imagine Our Schools consultants’ report on Friday.
The consultants were hired to look at future needs and develop a 10-year master plan. They came up with a list of suggestions to close some schools, renovate others and build new ones, with an estimated cost of $300 million.
School board staff urge Howard Windsor, the appointee overseeing the board, to hold off on identifying schools for review for 2008-09.
Staff want Windsor to wait until provincial funding has been earmarked for specific projects to upgrade or replace schools.
Board staff disagreed with a few of the consultants’ recommendations for specific schools.
For example, the consultants proposed a review of Joseph Howe Elementary School in Halifax, but board staff recommend a new school.
And while the consultants said St. Patrick’s-Alexandra should be renovated, board staff said the school should be reviewed for closure.
Public meetings are scheduled for March 17 and 19 to give parents an opportunity to comment.
- Schools, Colleges Run By Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious And Charitable Endowments To Get Facelift: Minister - NDTV
- Women are welcome to apply and get trained to become temple priests: TN Minister - The News Minute
- Schools, colleges run by HR&CE to get facelift: Minister - Outlook India
- ‘Tamil Nadu temples a testimony of knowledge in arts & science’: HC issues protection guidelines - ThePrint
- State role in Tamil Nadu temples: Dalit experiences add to the debate - The Federal
- February 2010
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- June 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- June 2007
- April 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006